Strong candidates will have a background in real estate (education or work related) as well as a strong aptitude in finance, accounting, economics or technology. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required as well as the ability to work independently as a member of a team.
Examples of Analyst functions include:
- Support the reporting of loan and equity portfolio performance relative to benchmarks, the annual loan rating and equity appraisal process and provide administrative and broad analytical support on an as-needed basis to multiple functional units including portfolio management, loan and equity production, asset management and real estate services.
- Complete special projects for all functional areas within the real estate portfolio, including mortgage loans and real estate equities, mortgage backed securities, REITs and private real estate securities.
- Limited travel will be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Real Estate from a nationally recognized college or university. Other concentrations may be considered if an applicant has previous relevant work or internship experience in commercial real estate investments or related fields.
- Evidence of academic achievement (GPA, honors, awards, fellowships, case competitions etc.)
- Understanding of the fundamentals of real estate valuation, finance & accounting. Familiarity with property-level due diligence, real estate law and construction a plus.
- Strong interest in continuing education in the form of a Masters, MBA, JD or other graduate degree with an emphasis in business, analytics, real estate and/or real estate related topics.
- Internship or work experience in commercial real estate investment analysis, asset management, portfolio management or other commercial real estate related fields, a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft excel, experience with Argus or other DCF modeling software, a plus.