The Associate position is located in the NMRE home office in Milwaukee, Wisconsin and is responsible for providing underwriting and due diligence support on proposed new debt and equity investments. Market Associates will evaluate a broad range of property types and investment structures.
Examples of Associate functions include:
- Leading the investment underwriting process in the home office, coordinating with multiple functional units – Architecture, Environmental, Law, Closing, Insurance and Tax.
- Working with investment production professionals in a designated field office to prepare deal submissions, review due diligence materials and gather additional information as needed.
- Developing a working knowledge of property-level data, market fundamentals and deal terms on multiple transactions.
- Preparing and maintaining loan pricing and equity return models.
- Preparing final underwriting documents for, and presenting investments to, senior management for final approval.
- Assisting field office personnel with ongoing monitoring of investments, including the review and analysis of servicing requests.
- Some travel will be required.
- Masters degree in Real Estate, Finance, or an MBA (preferably with an emphasis in Real Estate, Finance or Accounting).
- Two years of experience in commercial real estate investment, development, asset management or mortgage lending.
- Understanding of current market conditions as they relate to U.S. commercial real estate sectors and geographical locations.